The Kaavi lighthouse is located on the southeast coast of the Sõrve peninsula in Saaremaa, it helps to orientate yourself in the Livonian Gulf.
A 15-meter lighthouse made of stone concrete, four-sided, in the shape of a stem pyramid, was built in 1954 according to a standard project. The body of the lighthouse was painted red from the bottom and top, the middle part white. The light of the acetylene-powered circular sector lantern was located 20 m above sea level, the visibility distance was 9 miles, and the character of the light: Fl W 2.5; 1.0 + 1.5 = 2.5 s. In 1966, the visibility of the light was 6 miles.
1994. In 1996, the lighthouse was repaired and in 1996, this company was equipped with lighting equipment for the EKTA circular sector.
Currently, the lighthouse has remained too low due to the growing forest and needs to be raised to ensure visibility.